Become a Digital Marketer with Udacity — Nanodegree 3 Months Program, $100K/month Career
If you ever wanted to get into digital marketing but didn’t know where to start, you are in the right place. If you have been searching for Udacity free courses with certificates, You can get started today for free.
Udacity is an educational organization offering mostly open online courses. Udacity was founded to pursue a mission to democratize education. According to Thrun, the origin of the name Udacity comes from the company’s desire to be “audacious for you, the student”.
Udacity began as an experiment in online learning, when Stanford instructors Sebastian Thrun and Peter Norvig elected to offer their “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence” course online to anyone, for free. Over 160,000 students in more than 190 countries enrolled.
Udacity is where lifelong learners like you can go to get the in-demand tech skills you need to help land a high-paying tech job you want or build a career of your choice for as few as 10 hours a week.
Udacity offers students single-paid courses and around 40+ Nanodegree programs which will give you a certificate at completion. As I said, you can start at any time and follow along at your own pace.
What is a Nanodegree Program?
These are project and skills-based educational credential programs. They allow learners to gain skills to make them more employable through hands-on experience to apply to future jobs.
The Nanodegree programs are built in partnership with the world’s most innovative tech companies and taught by industry leaders from companies like Amazon, Microsoft, BMW, Nvidia, Github among others.
Instructors come from Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies and have demonstrated leadership and expertise in their professions. Plus, you can learn when and where it’s convenient for you.
Scholarships for Nanodegree programs
Scholarships are available online for the Nanodegree programs in the fields of Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, Front End Web Developer, and Predictive Analytics for Business.
Some of the fully-funded Scholarships for Tech Nanodegree Programs include the following.
- Bertelsmann Tech Scholarship (open to any student, 18 years of age or older)
- Aspire to Tech Scholarship (Create a future you love sponsored by AT&T)
- AWS Machine Learning (AWS and Udacity are collaboration)
- Access Bank Scholarship (1,000 scholarships in 2021)
- OneTen Scholarship (2,000 fully-funded scholarships to train and empower members of the African American community)
- PyTorch Scholarship (Challenge from Facebook, earn a scholarship to learn how to build, train, and deploy state-of-the-art deep learning models with PyTorch)
So as you can see the Udacity scholarships make these opportunities more available for learners all around the globe. If you want to get a free nano degree program, check their website for regular promotions like the buy one get (gift) one free.
With that out of the way, let’s move on to look at the Udacity digital marketing nanodegree program (Become a Digital Marketer).
Did you know that over ($330)B was spent on digital marketing globally in 2019? I can say that I contributed to that ad spend. 2019 is when I really started to invest in online advertising. I was still learning about Facebook Ads.
But before we jump into the ‘Become a Digital Marketer’ nano degree program, let’s answer the question of why enroll with Udacity for this program while there are many other online learning platforms I can join?
Why take the Digital Marketing nano degree with Udacity?
- Digital marketers are in high demand
- Gain real-world experience to run live campaigns
- Learn from top experts in the field.
- Understand how digital marketing works, and why it’s so important.
- Launch your career with a 360-degree understanding of digital marketing
- The building blocks for a successful career as a digital marketer
What Jobs will I be able to do after the Program?
- Social media analyst (Assess brand’s social listening data and report on critical KPIs)
- Social media manager (Provide organizations with the guidance needed to enhance their online presence)
- Social media community manager (Responsible for advocating a brand on social networks)
- Social media coordinator (Responsible for collaborating with other marketing and sales professionals to develop successful social media campaigns).
- Social media marketer (Use social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service)
- Social media strategist (Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing the company’s overall social media strategy)
- SEO Manager (Responsible for designing and implementing an SEO strategy within an organization)
- SEO analyst (Increase the number of people viewing its website(s) by analyzing data on the website)
- SEO partnership specialist (Coordinate partnerships with other types of businesses to increase a company’s visibility through search engines)
- SEO strategist (Analyze and develop search engine marketing campaigns)
- Digital marketing manager (Responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing digital marketing campaigns as well as short-term advertising techniques)
- Internet marketing manager (responsible for creating and implementing online marketing strategies)
- Website optimization manager (managing the website and landing pages for lead generation and product sales)
- SEM analyst (Incorporating campaign tracking monitoring, search analytics, social analytics, paid marketing analytics)
- SEM Manager (Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the company’s overall SEO strategy)
- SEM marketing coordinator (Responsible for collaborating with other marketing and SEM professionals for successful search engine campaigns).
- Search analyst (Work to implement paid search campaigns, analyze marketing plans, keywords, and pay-per-click strategies)
- Paid search marketing manager (Develop effective PPC strategies to drive more web traffic to the organization’s website)
- Head of growth and acquisition (Ensure consistency across all brand-related touchpoints)
- Email marketing manager (Create, implement, track, and analyze email campaigns)
I think email is very underrated. But companies use email campaigns to do everything from selling products and services to helping with customer service and sending out subscriber information — and so much more.
By the way, you can learn more about email marketing in this post.
More Reasons to enroll with Udacity
- No Experience Required
- Get timely feedback on your projects (1,400+ project reviewers, 2.7M projects reviewed, 88/100 reviewer rating, 1.1 hours avg project review turnaround time)
- Technical mentor support (Motivating you and keeping you on track)
- Github review
- Linkedin profile optimization
Did I say No experience required? Well, that’s right. But students should at least have basic computer skills and be comfortable navigating online. And an Udacity student account.
What to Expect(Become a Digital Marketer Syllabus)
1. Marketing Fundamentals
In this course, get a framework to help you organize and plan your marketing approach. Get introduced to the three companies featured throughout the Digital Marketing Nanodegree program as examples of how to apply what you learn in both B2C (Business to Consumer) and B2B(Business to Business)contexts.
2. Content Strategy
In this course, learn how to plan your content marketing, how to develop content that works well for your target audience, and how to measure its impact. Content is at the core of all marketing activity. If you don’t know what content means, you should first review my other post on digital marketing.
3. Social Media Marketing
Social media is one of the most powerful channels that marketers rely on for traffic and sales. In this course, you learn more about the main social media platforms, how to manage your social media presence, and how to create effective content for each platform. You can Get started with Udacity today.
4. Social Media Advertising
Have you noticed that some channels or pages with more subscribers or followers post stuff that doesn’t reach as many people as you would expect? To make sure your company’s product goes through the noise in social media, you must use paid social media marketing strategies to amplify your message.
In this course, you learn about the opportunities for targeted advertising in social media and how to execute advertising campaigns that resonate with your audience and that bring results for your company or organization.
5. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engines are an essential part of the online presence and experience. Learn how to optimize (improve) your search engine presence through on-site and off-site activities, including how to develop your target keyword (search terms) list, optimize your website UX (User experience) and design, and execute a link-building campaign.
6. Search Engine Marketing with Google Ads
Optimizing visibility in search engine results is an essential part of digital marketing. Reinforcing findability through Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is an effective tactic to achieve your marketing objectives. In this course, you learn how to create, execute, and optimize an effective ad campaign using Google Ads.
7. Display Advertising
Besides Search engine marketing, to me, Display advertising is the most powerful marketing tool, strengthened by new platforms like mobile, new video opportunities, and enhanced targeting (advertise to people based on their behaviors, interests, and geographic location among others).
In this course, you learn how display advertising works, how it is bought and sold (including in a programmatic environment), and how to set up a display advertising campaign using Google Ads.
8. Email Marketing
Email is an effective marketing channel, especially at the conversion and retention stage of the customer value journey. In this course, you learn how to create an email marketing strategy, create and execute email campaigns, and measure the results. Get started with Udacity today.
9. Measure and Optimize with Google Analytics
Everything a website visitor does on your pages can be tracked, and so can the effect of your digital marketing efforts. In this course, you learn how to use Google Analytics to evaluate your audience, measure the success of your (lead generation) acquisition and engagement efforts, evaluate your user’s conversions to your organization or company goals, and use those insights to plan and optimize your marketing budgets.
Udacity courses are free. At least most of what I have seen. The costly ones are a combination of courses, what you would call Learning Paths in other e-learning platforms.
Nanodegree programs start at $399 a month and are discounts if you are purchasing a yearly plan. You can try Udacity's free courses and see if it’s worth it buying a nanodegree program.
How to Pay for Udacity Nanodegree Programs (Learn now, pay later)
With Affirm, Udacity students are able to pay in installments. Pay your monthly bill using a bank transfer, check, or debit card. Buy a program for ($113) per month at 0% APR.
Anyways, once you have the skills, you can check out the Udacity Career Network, powered by AfterCollege, it features relevant jobs and internships from employers on AfterCollege and from employers worldwide.
Digital marketing is how you sell your product or service online, Udacity partners with the top companies to help you learn and get all the skills required to start your own digital marketing career in about 3 months if you are learning at least 10 hours a week.
Which of the above is your favorite Course?